Here is my gym report for the week: I signed up for a boot camp. AHHHH What was I thinking? I’m not ready for this, and I really need to learn to say NO 😛 When I was at the gym on Thursday the head trainer saw me and came over to me saying ” Jenn, I noticed your name is not on the sign up sheet for boot camp, I think it would be really good for you, you should sign up”. I was so impressed that she actually knew my name, especially since we’ve never spoken before, AND she also knew who I was to be able to realize that I hadn’t signed up for boot camp. I just couldn’t say no to her (its one of my biggest weaknesses). All week I struggled with calling them to cancel. There is something inside me, however, that just wants to go and do it, to say that I did. I’m nervous about being able to get through it, and I don’t want to embarrass myself in front of people, especially if everyone else is a hard core boot camper, but I kind of think I just need to go and do it. Suck it up and push myself, for me, and not care about anyone else. I won’t guarantee though, that by 6pm tonight, that I won’t be hiding under the bed, crying about not wanting to go. You’ll hear all about it in next week’s gym report!
This week I’ve struggled with a busy schedule and my nervousness about the boot camp. I was not as strict as I normally try to be and I must admit, there was a momentary lapse in strength that resulted in a quick trip to Bulk Barn for some candy. But, I am glad to say that most of the candy is still left over, and despite not going to the gym all weekend, I am still going to boot camp. I thought I’d share with you some of the things that motivate me and stop me from letting a bad day (or week) get in the way of my personal goals towards health. Motivation is a very unique thing and what works for one person won’t for another, so I encourage you to write down all the things that motivate you and keep them close by, for those times in your life that you need a little reminder!
- KB! Not only does KB motivate me because I want to be healthy and happy to set a good example, and I want to be fit to keep up with her and live a long happy life for her, but she also literally MOTIVATES me. I can’t tell you how many times she has asked me if I’ve been to the gym yet, or questions my food choices. Nothing motivates you to get you butt in gear like your 6 year old telling you your still fat and need to keep working on it 😛 She isn’t being rude when she does it, but she is blunt, and she is right! And it works 🙂
- My confidence. I’m tired of being self conscious, having low self-esteem and lacking the confidence I need to pursue my dreams. I always feel like I’m being judged by everyone and I’ve had enough. Eating healthy, working out and taking care of myself is a big step towards freeing myself from all this. Not only do I naturally link my confidence to how I look, but I also know that feeling better in general, helps me feel better about myself.
- Having a baby! Not only is this my motivation, but its also my goal! Losing weight, eating properly, taking care of myself and managing my stress are all directly linked to my fertility. I always keep this firmly planted in my mind and remind myself over and over again that sitting on the couch, stuffing my face with bulk barn candy will NOT help me get pregnant.
- My support system. I am lucky enough to have a good support system and they are great motivation, especially my Mum. Watching her take control of her health over the last couple years has been such a motivator to me. She is so supportive and encourages me to take control of my own health and go for it.
- My health. While I don’t have the imminent need to change my health, like my Mum did, I do realize that its only a matter of time for me. I hear the term “healthy fat person” more and more and yes, there are some people, like myself who don’t seem to have any significant health problems directly related to our weight (like high blood pressure or high cholesterol…I have neither) BUT I also know that its only a matter of time before these things come about. No one can eat anything they want, live a sedentary lifestyle, gain weight and live consequence free. The consequences may not always seem obvious and they may not all present themselves right away, but they will catch up with you in the end. I want to prevent that from happening, and its a huge motivator for me.
- I want to wear nice clothes again! Yep, this one is purely selfish, but it’s good to have selfish motivations because they mean more to you. I miss being able to walk into a trendy ‘normal’ size store and just buy anything I want. I miss being able to buy sexy bras and underwear or bathing suits. I want to be able to take advantage of sales and Old Navy to dammit 😛
I hope some of these help you out, and MOTIVATE you to come up with your own list! My list is always changing, but these are the few that seem to stay the same. Feel free to share your motivation as well, I’d love to hear it. Happy Leap Day and Anti-bullying Day!
Take care everyone 🙂
I’m Happy, I’m Healthy, I’m Fertile, ttfn, xo