Another Friday has come! Today I wanted to share with you some of my favorite quotes by Dr. Seuss. I absolutely loved reading Dr. Seuss as a child and completely adore reading it to KB now that I’m an adult. As a child, his books are so fun, so colourful, so musical to hear. As an adult his books are inspirational, thoughtful, thought-provoking and deep. I love the way his words roll off my tongue and I love the way KB’s face emotes as I read to her. With her utter fascination in ‘writing’ books, since she was just a baby, I think Dr. Seuss is a critical step on her path to being a writer and gaining confidence in her ability to express herself through the written word. Dr. Seuss is about more than made-up rhymes and fun nonsense, he is about subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) layers that present a message to a child without them even realizing they are learning one. So as a tribute to Dr. Seuss Day here are some of his famous words!
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
- “I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…” – Oh, the Places You’ll Go
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
- “In my world, everyone’s a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!”
- “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!”
- “I meant what i said and i said what i meant. An elephant’s faithful one-hundred percent!” – Horton Hears a Who
- “Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.”
- “So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.” – Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
- “There’s no limit to how much you’ll know, depending how far beyond zebra you go.”
Those are just a few of my favorites! I hope that you enjoy. Have an inspired weekend everyone 🙂
I’m Happy, I’m Healthy, I’m Fertile, ttfn, xo